Please read these guidelines before purchasing any aromatherapy essential oil product. It’s a good idea to print them out to keep on hand.
- Always keep a bottle of V-6 Massage Oil Base, or any pure vegetable oil handy when using essential oils topically. Vegetable oils will dilute essential oils if they cause discomfort or skin irritation. Never use water it will only intesify the discomfort.
Keep essential oils out of the reach of children. Treat them as you would any product with therapeutic uses. If a child or infant swallows an essential oil:
Keep lids securely fastened. Avoid direct sunlight when using lemon, bergamot, orange, grapefruit, tangerine, white angelica, and other citrus oils. These oils may cause a rash or darker pigmentation if applied to skin exposed to direct sunlight or UV rays within 3 to 4 days of use. Pregnant women should consult their health care professional before using essentials oils containing constituents with hormone-like activity, such as clary sage, sage, Idaho tansy, juniper, and fennel. Keep essential oils away from eyes, ears, and mucous membranes. If you get oil in your eye accidentally, soothe the irritation with a drop of vegetable oil, NOT water. Do not handle contact lenses or rub eyes with essentials oils on fingers. Oils with high phenol content – oregano, helichrysum, cinnamon, thyme, clove, lemongrass, bergamot, Thieves, and ImmuPower – may damage contacts and irritate eyes. Do not use essential oils rich in menthol, such as peppermint, on the throat or neck area of children under 30 months of age. People with epilepsy or high blood pressure should consult their health care professional before using essential oils. Avoid hyssop, fennel, and Idaho tansy oils if you have these conditions. People prone to allergies should test a small amount of oil on a small area of sensitive skin, such as the inside of the arm, before applying the oil on other areas. The bottom of the feet is one of the safest, most effective places to use essential oils. Do not take essential oils internally without the supervision of a health professional who understands their use. Before taking GRAS (“Generally Regarded As Safe” by the FDA) essential oils internally, always dilute with an oil-soluble liquid like honey, olive oil, or soy milk.
- Administer milk, honey, soy milk or any other safe oil-soluble liquid.
- Call your poison control center or seek emergency medical attention immediately.
- Do not add undiluted essential oils directly to bathwater. Use Bath Gel Base as a dispersing agent for oils in the bath or use Aqua Essence Bath Pack.
Skin Test New Essential Oils
- Always skin test an essential oil before using. Each person’s body is different, so apply oils to a small area first. Apply one oil or blend at a time.
- When layering oils that are new to you, allow enough time (15 to 30 minutes) for the body to respond before applying a second oil.
Maximizing Essential Oils Shelf Life
To maximize the shelf life of essential oils, Young Living bottles all of its oils in amber glass bottles with plastic orifices and caps. Here are some tips that can help you maintain the integrity of your oil once the bottle has been opened:
- After using, keep the lid tightly sealed. Bottles that are improperly sealed can result in the loss of some of the lighter, lower-molecular-weight parts of the oil, especially the monoterpenes. In addition, over time oxygen in the air may react with and oxidize the essential oil. Store away from light, especially sunlight. Ultraviolet chemically alter and damage the fragile components of the essential oils. While the amber glass of the oil bottles does afford some protection against visible light, the darker the storage conditions, the longer your oil will last.
- Store in a cool location. Excessive heat can damage the molecular structure of the oil the same way light can. This can lead to changes in the chemistry of the essential oil.
Avoid Using Essential Oils With Other Products
- Exercise caution when applying essential oils to skin that has been exposed to cosmetics, personal care products, soaps, and cleaners containing synthetic chemicals. Some of these products – especially ones with petroleum-based chemicals – may penetrate and remain in the skin and fatty tissues for days or even weeks. Essential oils may react with such chemicals and cause skin irritation, nausea, headaches, or other uncomfortable effects.
- You may mix or layer a single oil with a blend or mix a single oil with another single oil. However, mixing oil blends together may alter the benefits as well as the aroma.
IMPORTANT - The information on this web site is intended for educational purposes only. It is not provided in order to diagnose, prescribe, or treat any disease, illness, or injured condition of the body; and the author, publisher, printer, and distributor(s) of it accept no responsibility for such use. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness, or injury should consult with a physician. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Please note only enrolled members with a Referral number may purchase Young Living products. To secure your membership, use the Referral# which belongs to the Young Living distributor who brought this material to your attention.
How to Sign up/Order with Young Living Essential Oils You have 3 options: You may enroll as a Retail Customer, Preferred Customer or as a Distributor. Retail Customer: Purchase products at 24% above the wholesale price. Preferred Customer: Must maintain an Autoship order of at least 50PV and thus qualifies to purchase products at 12% above the wholesale price. Distributor: A Member who purchases a Success Kit or Fast Start Kit and participates in the Young Living business opportunity, as detailed in the company's Compensation Plan. A distributor qualifies for wholesale prices. As a member, you are under no monthly obligation to purchase, sell, or distribute products Click HERE to enroll online Use the referral/sponsor number in the frame at the top of this page. Or enroll by phone, Call 1-800-371-2928 between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.(MST)
Monday - Friday, to order with a live operator. You will be asked for a sponsor number. Use the referral/sponsor number in the frame at the top of this page.
After you placed your first order, you will receive your own member number to be used thereafter when you place orders or introduce others to Young Living.